Wishing to haul and transport some cargo using your bike? You will first and foremost have to fit a bike cargo trailer. This is a special cargo haulage piece of equipment that not only accommodates the cargo but also hauls it around. It is attached or fixed to a bike.
We are here to make your life great. To do that, we have sampled and are going to review a couple of the best bike cargo trailers that be at the moment. In our reviews, we shall seek to explain the details that matter with the aim of opening your eyes further.
Table of Contents
- Top 5 Picks
- List of The Best Bike Cargo Trailers
- 10. Weehoo iGo Two
- 9. Rambo R180 Aluminum Bike/Hand Cart, Black, One Size
- 8. Rage Powersports Apex BCT-8002 Single Wheel Pull-Behind Bicycle Cargo Trailer
- 7. Aosom Foldable Bike Cargo Trailer Bicycle Cart Wagon Trailer
- 6. Schwinn Rascal Bike Pet Trailer
- 5. Burley Flatbed, Aluminum Utility Cargo Bike Trailer
- 4. Cycle Force Trail-Monster Cargo Trailer, Matte Black
- 3. Aosom Elite Two-Wheel Bicycle Large Cargo Wagon Trailer
- 2. Instep Bike Trailer for Toddlers, Kids, Single and Double Seat
- 1. Schwinn Day Tripper Cargo Bike Trailer
- HOW TO FIND THE BEST BIKE CARGO TRAILER
Top 5 Picks
- WEATHER RESISTANT: Retrospec Rover Hauler sports element and weather-resistant fabric so your gear stays safe and protected no matter the climate.
- LARGE CARRYING CAPACITY: Hauler carries gear, toys, food, textbooks, and other goods in place of bulky, cumbersome backpacks. Includes safety flag for added visibility. Maximum weight capacity 80 lbs and interior dimensions 27"L x 24.5"W x 20"H.
- Take along your gear for the ride with the Schwinn Day Tripper Cargo Trailer. The wide frame provides large towing and storage capacity, while the two-wheel design limits torque placed on your bicycle for unhindered performance.
- A unique folding-frame design and quick-release wheels pack up neatly for compact storage and transport.
- Weight capacity is 100 lbs
- Two-wheel design keeps the trailer upright and stable
- ✅HEAVY DUTY CAPACITY: At 110 lbs., the Aosom Wanderer has the highest carrying capacity in its class, allowing it to handle most any load.
- ✅DETACHABLE FRONT AND BACK: The front and back detaches easily allowing for more space and for larger items to be placed onto the trailer.
- 【Durable & Strong Trailer Base】The strong frame made of high quality iron plates and steel pipes enables our bike cargo trailer to withstand 88 lbs of weight. In addition, the 500D Oxford cloth cover is durable and can be used to store various goods and tools.
- 【Versatile Coupler & Removable Cover】The universal coupler is suitable for most bicycles and is very convenient to use. Besides, the removable cover has a good protective effect and can effectively prevent the internal items from being damaged.
List of The Best Bike Cargo Trailers
10. Weehoo iGo Two
This trailer comes in the form of the cockpit design. It completely encloses you while at the same time hauls all the cargo from one area to the next. Thus, it seeks to shield you from all the dangers and negative externalities that may arise when in the course of a journey.
In all, it is mainly great for the haulage of small children. Its interior is indeed strong, comfortable, and properly ventilated. Moreover, the seats are equipped with the passenger straps that are intended for the safety and the overall welfare of those who stay there.
9. Rambo R180 Aluminum Bike/Hand Cart, Black, One Size
If your intended or current area of use is rugged terrain, you must of necessity choose a trailer that is light and strong enough at the same time. We are pleased to let you know that this one exists. It features a truly rugged and lightweight Aluminum alloy material construction.
Apart from merely letting you haul your gears smoothly from one area to another one, this one folds flat to allow for smoother transportation, mounting, and storage. It does have a handle grab that as a matter of fact expedites the transportation of the item to the intended locale of use.
8. Rage Powersports Apex BCT-8002 Single Wheel Pull-Behind Bicycle Cargo Trailer
Definitely, in some instances, there is bound to be excess precipitation while hauling your gears. You want to prepare appropriately for that eventuality. One sure way of doing this is choosing to work with a trailer that has a cargo bag as well. We plead that you find and make do with this.
Its bag does conceal the contents fully in such a way as to minimize any possible water damages that may come along. On the same note, it also has the ability to increase storage capacity considerably. With a maximum weight capacity of about 65 pounds, the trailer is truly reliable.
7. Aosom Foldable Bike Cargo Trailer Bicycle Cart Wagon Trailer
Just in case you have a heavy cargo to haul around you have to choose one that is strong and able to bear excess weight. With the ability to accommodate 110 pounds comfortably, none other than this comes even close to that end. That is not all though.
The item is pretty strong and durable thanks to the use of equally stronger and sturdier materials to make it up. Particularly, the sturdy steel frame stands out from the pack. It provides the strength and the vitality you need to haul the strongest gears. That it folds also adds some advantages to the handling.
6. Schwinn Rascal Bike Pet Trailer
Planning to transport a dog from one area to another one? This could as well be the cargo trailer you have been looking for. It is appropriately suited for small and large dogs. Then again, it possesses a series of factors and features that all combine to make it awesome.
The quick-release wheels are the most outstanding of these. They facilitate the transportation and subsequent movement of the items from one place to another one. Also, many of the parts adjust to allow for smoother and more convenient overall handling. Must we add that it is also safer?
5. Burley Flatbed, Aluminum Utility Cargo Bike Trailer
Could it be that your area of use is sloppy and inclined? If you answered back in the affirmative, you want a bike trailer that is similarly more stable and able to provide the support you need to travel along with absolute ease. How about you attempting your fate on this stable and upright trailer?
It features the two-wheel design as the flagship trait. This one not only confers the stability you need but also allows for seamless maneuverability. In all, the item also assembles and disassembles easily to allow for prompt and uninterrupted use if and when need be.
4. Cycle Force Trail-Monster Cargo Trailer, Matte Black
Do you operate within a squeezed timeline? You desperately want a cargo trailer that is quicker and easier to engage. Why not attempt your hands on this one? It derives its power from the strong steel that bears the quick detach pins on either end.
These pins are generally easier to open and remove. They in fact are the ones that subsequently allow for faster actions. All the materials that have been used to make it up are rust-free and foldable. The mix of these two vital traits adds to your overall peace of mind.
3. Aosom Elite Two-Wheel Bicycle Large Cargo Wagon Trailer
It is not uncommon for the goods you transport from one place to another to be pilfered when hauled in crowded places. To stem this tide, you have to lay your hands on a cargo trailer that is appropriately shielded and protected from the elements of weather and untold exposure.
Why not attempt this one that bears a removable cover? The cover serves to protect the goods from the direct external exposure and goes a long way in safeguarding them altogether. That it is removable also helps with the matters of cleanliness and maintenance thereafter.
2. Instep Bike Trailer for Toddlers, Kids, Single and Double Seat
From its designation, this bike cargo trailer is truly suited for the transportation of the small children and the toddlers. Then again it comprises both the single and the double seats. The mix of these vital traits acts to make your use and engagement pretty fine.
A 2-in-1 canopy carrier from its core as it covers the children safe while in transit. Then again, the item itself is available in many colors. You hence enjoy the rare privilege of choosing the one that suits your needs precisely. All these elegant parts rest on the 16-inch pneumatic wheels for easy haulage.
1. Schwinn Day Tripper Cargo Bike Trailer
Short on space in your home? We have got a surprise here for you! This bike has a unique folding frame design. This complements the quick-release wheels to expedite the processes of packing, transportation, mounting, and storage. Specifically, they do not demand that you set aside too much space to care for the bike.
On the whole, the bike is awesome and good enough for the toddlers, small kids, and delicate items. Its 16-inch tires are strong and stable enough to guarantee your prolonged use and engagement. A universal coupler also comes along to aid with the pairing and subsequent use.
HOW TO FIND THE BEST BIKE CARGO TRAILER
Having examined the top bike cargo trailers we have at the moment, we now want to peek into the factors to consider to find one for yourself.
This should rank at the very top of the factors to consider. A great trailer has to be able to bear the sum total loads you have in mind as well as their corresponding weights. To arrive at the most suitable purchase, you have to assess the size and the weights of the cargo you have in mind first.
Nature of the Cargo
Apart from the size and the weight of the cargo you have in mind, you must also consider the nature of the cargo you have in mind. Some cargo is delicate, others are bulky yet others are clumsy to name but a few. Take the time to assess the nature and then narrow to the one that suits your cargo.
Intended Terrain of Use
Where exactly do you plan and intend to devote the trailers to use? If in a slippery area, you have to choose and make use of stable trailers. On the other hand, if you have a flat and stable terrain in mind, you have the liberty to pick and make use of just about any.
Storage Space Available
How much storage space do you have at your disposal or on your premise? It is always proper for you to match the amount of space with the sheer size of the trailer. A great trailer should of necessity be able to fold and subsequently take up limited space as can be.
Operational Controls vs. Expertise
In the course of engaging these trailers, you will no doubt have to make use of some controls apparatus. These controls vary considerably and similarly demand varying degrees of expertise from you. Take care of this as well. Specifically, you have to match the complicatedness with your own level of expertise.
There you have them! We have done the much we can to explain and belabor the bike cargo trailers to their logical ends. How about you now moving ahead and implementing the insights you have generously obtained? Start by re-reading the explanations above.
Therein, you will find expert advice and the deeper insights you badly need to be able to make the most informed decision. It is always a nice gesture to share insights with as many others who may need it as possible. That will also help them to make great use of the items as well!