There are many ways which you can use to cool your home during summer. Some are natural such as bathing while others involve the use of appliances such as coolers. One of the most affordable and efficient ways of cooling the air is through the use of evaporative coolers. They use water to cool the surrounding through the evaporation process. Here is a list of top 10 best evaporative coolers in 2017.
10. ESSICK Air Window Evaporative Cooler (N46W)
ESSICK evaporative cooler effectively cools an area of up to 1400 square feet. It is durable since its body consists of heavy-gauge galvanized steel and polyester powder coat that is rust resistant. The body consists of bolted construction for easier access during the change of spare parts.
· Cheap to operate since it uses minimal electric power.
· No water tank.
9. MasterCool AD1C7112 Down-Draft Evaporative Cooler
This cooler is designed to provide superior air flow to an area of up to 2300 square feet. The high-gauge galvanized steel makes it durable. It lets the air in through the perforated air-inlet screen. The use of the down-draft mechanism in cooling that allows it to save energy up to 75% compared to traditional air conditioners.
· It provides both optimal airflow and durability.
· It is energy efficient.
· Its airflow is not up to the mark.
8. ESSICK Air Window Evaporative Cooler
With adjustable vents, ESSICK evaporative cooler allows maximum air flow and cools an area of up to 600 square feet. Its body is made of high-gauge galvanized steel and has a bolted construction.
· It is easy to install since it arrives completely assembled.
· It is not suitable for cooling large air spaces.
7. ESSICK Air Window Evaporative Cooler Remote Control (RN50W)
The change of spare parts is easy with this cooler since its body has a bolted construction. It is suitable for cooling an area of up to 1600 feet. It has a remote control that allows easier operation across the room. It has adjustable air vents that allows one to regulate the amount of air to cool.
· Quiet operation.
· Remote control for easier operation.
· Overload protection through automatic shut off once the motor overheats.
6. Arctic Cove 700 CFM 3 speed portable evaporative cooler
This cooler is small in size and light in weight to allow mobility across the room. It has strong blowing fans thus providing sufficient cooling effect for both indoor and outdoor spaces.
· Noiseless operation
· Low water alarm
· The water reservoir needs a constant top up.
5. SPT SF-607H Evaporative Air Cooler with Ultrasonic humidifier
This unit works best in open spaces and dry climate. It sucks in air through a wick saturated with water. As the air flows through the wick, some of the water evaporates into the air lowering its temperatures. It then releases the air back to the room using oscillating louvers that distribute the air evenly across the room. It has a cooling pad consists of a two-dimensional weaving structure thus longer contact of the water with the air for maximum cooling effect. It has a remote control that allows one to operate it across the room thus eliminating the tedious task of moving across the chamber to change the settings manually.
· Shut off timer that turns off within a range of 30 minutes up to 7.5 hours.
· Swing option for dispersal of air throughout the room.
· Large water tank capacity.
· Not suitable for areas with high humidity.
4. Ampersand Shops Portable Evaporative Cooler
This evaporative cooler has a 6-litre capacity. It is light in weight and has wheels for easier mobility. Its motors contain 100% copper wires for safety and long term operation without breaking down. It has an auto-timer-function setting ranging from 1 to 12 hours. It has three modes of operation that includes normal, nature and sleep. The evaporative cooler releases less than 60 decibels of noise, and it is mostly quiet during the sleep mode. Its panel consists of LED display that allows easier operation even in the limited light.
· Operates quietly
· LED panel for easier operation
· The water tank does not have a large capacity
3. PortaCool PACCYC06 Cyclone 1000 Portable Evaporative Cooler
This unit is suitable for cooling both indoor and outdoor spaces. It has two fan settings, a cooling capacity of 300 square foot and an air flow of 1000 CFM for adequate cooling effect even in tight air spaces. It is small in size and has recessed castors for easy transport and storage. It can hold up to 8 gallons of water. Once the water levels reduce, one can fill it up using the manual system or through a hose pipe. Its body is made up of molded polyethylene housing that is water proof and rust free.
· It does not consume much electric power.
· No need to manually check the water levels since it has a water level indicator.
· It is not suitable for cooling large air spaces.
2. Hessaire MC37A 2200 CFM 3 Speed Evaporative cooler
This unit cools an area of up to 750 square feet. It is suitable for both indoor and outdoor operation. It is small in size, weighs less and has caster wheels for portability. Its power cord is 7 feet long and eliminates the hassle of carrying around bulky extension cables. It has an automatic overheat protection that shuts off the evaporative cooler in case it over heats. The cooler has three media panel that allows more air intake thus cooling the area much faster. One can fill it up manually or through the use of a hose pipe.
· Has a float valve that prevents the cooler from over-filling.
· Affordable and cheap to run
· Some settings are noisy.
1.470 FOM Indoor Evaporative Air Cooler (Swamp Cooler)
This cooler holds up to 5.3 gallons of cooling water, and it is suitable for cooling rooms of up to 280 square feet. It has a low water alarm that goes off once water level decreases. It works best in areas with dry air and low levels of humidity. One can adjust humidification levels by changing the operation speed up to four levels that include high, medium, low and sleep. It has an LED control panel for easier operation and a remote control that allows one to operate across the room.
· Digital control panel for easy of monitoring temperature.
· It does not get damaged once it runs out of water.
· It can be noisy.
Evaporative coolers are quite reliable since they are energy efficient and do not require any installation costs. They do not use any chemicals thus environmentally friendly. Some of them are portable and function well both indoors and outdoors.
However, evaporative coolers and not suitable for areas with high humidity. Though they are good coolers, they are not as efficient as built-in air conditioning systems. They also require a constant refill of water which can be a tedious task.